Interim Report – Q2 2022
- Annual recurring revenue (ARR) growth of 29% to 37,3 MSEK.
- Recurring revenue amounts to 8,7 MSEK compared to 6,5 MSEK last year (+33%).
- Gross margin % in Q2 improves to 73%.
- Operative result improves with +1,3 MSEK compared to last year. Bottom-line result at -48% of net sales compared to -85% one year ago.
Summary of Interim Report
First six months (2022-01-01 to 2022-06-30)
- Net revenue amounted to 17 013 (12 723) TSEK, an increase of +33,7% compared to the same period last year.
- Loss after financials amounted to –8 957 (-12 817) TSEK.
- Loss per share before dilution amounted to -0,30 (-0,46) SEK.
- Loss per share after dilution amounted to -0,28 (-0,43) SEK.
Second quarter (2022-04-01 to 2022-06-30)
- Net revenue amounted to 8 861 (6 600) TSEK, an increase of +34,3% compared to the same period last year.
- Loss after financials amounted to –4 292 (-5 648) TSEK.
- Loss per share before dilution amounted to -0,14 (-0,19) SEK.
- Loss per share after dilution amounted to -0,14 (-0,17) SEK.
- The solidity amounted to 47,3 (67,6) %.
Second quarter (2022-04-01 to 2022-06-30)
- Annual recurring revenue (ARR) at the end of Q2 2022 reached 37 289 (28 865) TSEK, a year-on-year increase of +29%.
- Recurring revenue increased 33% to 8 662 (6 521) TSEK, which represents 98% (99%) of the quarterly revenue.
- Churn for the quarter was 1,0%.
- Net revenue retention was 101,6%.
Significant events during the second quarter, 2022.
No significant events during the quarter
Message from the CEO Magnus Hultman
“Safeture keeps momentum and continues to deliver in line with targets”
The second quarter of 2022 was yet another quarter with continued macro turbulence, from the stock markets rocking to the disheartening developments in Ukraine. Nevertheless, the everyday challenges of having staff working from home and spread out all over the world for globally operating companies, can be difficult enough. A strategic risk management tool can be a way to deal with increased uncertainty in the work and everyday life.
Delivery in line with targets
Our expectations for the second quarter were lower than normal due to the situation in Ukraine, which has kept our global partner network occupied with emergency evacuations assistance services. With the quarter to an end, we realized a revenue increase with 34 %, reaching 8,9 MSEK. The ARR increased to 37,3 MSEK, representing an increase of 29% compared to the same quarter last year. The bottom-line result improved from -5,6 MSEK (-85%) same quarter last year to -4,3 MSEK (-48%), which is in line with the plan to bring the company to profitability. Increased sales, together with continued improvements in our gross margin and expense control are the main drivers behind the decreasing loss. As communicated before we expect the result to gradually improve as sales increases while our cost structure is expected to remain stable.
Noteworthy new partners and customers for the quarter were French market leader and security provider Amarante and the Finnish defense industry company Patria. Safeture also won the competitive bid for Innovasjon Norge, in Norway. During the quarter, we also extended agreements with Audible in the US and managed to upsell on existing accounts, such as our long-term customer and the world´s largest insurance company, Chubb. In the second quarter we also promoted sales manager, Filip Bengtsson, to become the new Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) in the company.
Additions to offering
From a platform perspective we have rolled out two product launches in the second quarter. Earlier we have communicated the importance of the platform to become “risk intelligence agnostic”, and during the second quarter we launched the functionality of adding different risk intelligence sources to the platform. The new functionality emphasizes the strength of our dynamic platform and enable us to facilitate our customers’ day to day work. The second release was to increase usability, by creating a partner dashboard, where our partners efficiently can manage all their clients in one view. The new dashboard has already received a lot of appreciation from our partners and throughout the remainder of the year several launches to further strengthen our partner positioning will be released.
On the road again
We are entering the third quarter with a good feeling. We anticipate a slower start in the quarter, but the pace will pick up again in September when the trade fair season starts. Mid-September, Safeture will participate in the world´s largest security event, Global Security Exchange (GSX) in Atlanta, USA. By traveling and participating in industry events, we can truly interact with our customers and partners. We are very much looking forward to taking the Safeture solution on the road again.
Magnus Hultman, CEO of Safeture
Lund, July 2022
For additional information, visit safeture.com or contact:
Safeture CEO Magnus Hultman: +46 706 00 81 66. Magnus.email@example.com
This information is such information as Safeture AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, on 20 July 2021 at 08:00 CET.
About Safeture AB
Safeture (founded in 2009) is a Software as a Service (SaaS) company based in Sweden.
The company offers a complete cloud-based platform designed to manage employee safety and risk/crisis management. Through world-leading technology and innovative solutions, Safeture helps more than 4 000 companies and organizations to protect what matters most – their employees. Safeture gives corporations the ability to effectively automate safety and security while seamlessly integrating the software to become a natural part of their internal processes.
The Safeture share is listed on NASDAQ First North Growth Market Stockholm (ticker: SFTR). Erik Penser Bank AB is the Certified Adviser. Ph: +46 8-463 83 00 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org